Sunday, November 17, 2013


Madison is the doll that I purchased for the charity project from Cinnaminson Quilters. She and all of the things that I made for her are to be turned in on Wednesday. On Friday, I made her nightgown. It was from a panel by Simplicity patterns that I cut out, added eyelet trimming and sewed together. The quilt was made from fabric that I got from the "give-away table" at quilting. The other outfits were made from fabric that I had in my stash. It was lots of fun to sew for Madison and I hope that the child who gets her will enjoy playing with her.

Two finished blocks

Recently I decided to start two new quilts, Dear Jane and a calendar quilt. Both are gigantic projects but since I don't have deadlines for completion of either of them I was okay with starting them at the same time. The Dear Jane block was my first attempt with paper piecing and I think that I like that technique. From this block, I realized that I enjoy working with small pieces of fabric rather than cutting into yards of fabric. The calendar quilt block was a challenge from beginning to end. I think that I sewed every seam at least twice before they met up. The finished product should draw attention to that part of the quilt.