Friday, August 20, 2010
Samantha has an invitation to attend a July 4th picnic and will be wearing her new dress and her new red shoes. The fabric is "kettle cloth" from my stash and so is the lace at the bottom of the skirt. The lace was a necessity as more length was needed. The beads were from my beading supplies except for the star beads that I bought this week.
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
I chose to bead ladybugs for June's bead journal project and just finished the outfit for Samantha. The beads are #15 glass seed beads and the fabric came from JoAnn's this spring. I bought it to make a dress for a friend's daughter and was able to make this outfit from the leftovers. It was frustrating to work with such small beads but in the end I think that it was worth it. I'm really happy with the entire outfit. Samantha will wear it to a friend's party.
Friday, August 6, 2010
In March I went to Asilomar in California and attended a workshop taught by Thom Atkins. The subject was quilting with beads. Thom patiently taught the group new stitches and gave lots of hints about using color, types of beads and even how to improve the photographs of our work. I purchased the kit provided and added lots of beads of my own to learn the new stitches.
In order to take part in the show at our local library of miniature quilts, I spent the last two days working to complete this project.