Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Meet Emily Ann and Molly

Today I finished the sewing and embroidery on Emily Ann, the large doll, and Molly. The pattern and instructions came from a book by Terese Cato. Believe it or not, all of the fabric came from my stash of fabrics. The circle pattern is one of my favorites and I think that I'll have to try and buy more of it. Making doll shoes was a first for me. It was not difficult. Next time I will do the embellishment on them before they are completely sewn together. That will make the job easier.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Cardinal Block

One of my goals for 2014 is to finish some of my projects. The cardinal block was a class project started at a class at Mare's Bears in November of 2012. The class was part of a five day Baltimore Album workshop. The cardinal block was taught by Emily Martin. She introduced me to off-site applique. That is where you copy the pattern on to Pellon, applique on to that and when you're finished, applique the piece, cardinal, flowers, on to the background fabric. I liked the technique because I thought you had more control when sewing tiny pieces. The bird's legs are embroidered rather than using ultra-suede that Emily gave us.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Doll clothes for Eva's and Adina's new 18" American Girl Dolls

I started making these outfits after
the first week in December and finished sewing the snaps on the nightgown this afternoon. I have done other things in between and even went to stay with the kiddies twice this month. My plan was to make more clothes but I go tired of doing this. The next time I get in the doll clothes mood, I'm going to make bathrobes for the dolls and maybe even winter coats.