Monday, February 15, 2016

Emily's Pocketbook

I had enough scraps leftover from Emily's jacket to make her a matching pocketbook. I used the same pattern for this as I did for Adina and Eva's pocketbooks that I made for them for gift exchange. For the closure I used Velcro as I thought that would be easier for her than the snaps I used for the girls' bags. I wasn't able to turn the strap so I used some matching Shaker tape that I had from another project for the strap and added the yellow

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

A Knitted Cowl

Not too long ago I saw a picture of a knitted cowl that looked interesting. The name of the pattern is Hoarfrost by Anne Hanson. My daughter ordered the pattern for me and I knitted this using Malbrigio yarn that was leftover from my last shawl. I enjoyed knitted this and will knit more of Anne's designs in the future. After I finished this project, I immediately started knitting a vest.

A Princess Dress for Emily's Doll

My friend Mona gave me a bag of scraps containing fabric that got me thinking about a dress for Emily's doll. I haven't made her any doll clothes and decided while it was snowing that this would be a good project. I used fabric from Mona and fabric that I had. The trim was bought for Adina's and Eva's pocketbooks and wasn't used
. I put Velcro on the back of the dress because Bitty Baby doesn't have any hair.