About a month ago, I discovered the site, "Little Cotton Rabbits" and had to make one. Julie Williams sells her patterns through Revelry so they can be downloaded. I had three of the yarns needed and bought one more for this project. I consider myself to be an experienced knitter and this pattern was a challenge for me but I enjoyed every minute of working on it. Julie's directions both words and pictures along with the commentary and pictures on Ravelry made this project a success. I plan to make another rabbit soon and also make more clothes for Belinda as Julie has published patterns for other dresses, tops and sweaters. She also sells patterns for other adorable animals which I can see making in the near future.
Thursday, March 2, 2017
The Show and Tell for the November meeting of the Embroiderer's Guild
One evening I got a call from Adina saying that she needed help with a puppet. She had to do research and do an oral report with the puppet. After reading a book about Betsy Ross, I came up with this puppet. When I showed her to my quilting group they persuaded me to make a Quaker bonnet for her which I did. Her dress was made from some of my Dear Jane fabric and the rest of the materials came from my stash. Her hair came from a friend who gave me a large shopping bag of yarn.
Two of my granddaughters told me that they wanted me to make them pocketbooks for their holiday gifts and matching bags for their dolls. Since Emily, the almost four year old wasn't there at the time, I made her a pocketbook also in her favorite color, red. Eva wanted blue and Adina wanted pink. I had the fabric for Emily's bag and had to buy the fabric for the other two bags plus all of the ribbon to make the ribbon flowers and leaves, that is the part that I love to make.
Several years ago I saw a knitted vest with lots of cables and fell in love with it. After looking and with much research, I located the patterned and ordered the yarn, Donegal Tweed by Tahki Stacy Charles, in a pretty green. The pattern was complicated because the cables started and ended in different places. This was a project that I did at the dining-room table with a pencil and piece of paper to mark off each row. I've worn the vest several times and am very happy that I made it.
It is already March and I haven't written in a very long time. Why? I'm really not sure. I have completed many projects and will attempt to show them here in this post and in the following posts. My biggest accomplishment was to complete the center of my Dear Jane quilt, all 169 blocks of it, sew them together with the sashing and make a few triangles. I am trying to work on a side of the quilt at a time and make those triangles. So far, I think that I only need two more triangles to complete the bottom of the quilt. I do have triangles made for the other three sides that I will work on when the bottom is complete. There are 13 pieced triangles on each side and then 4 corner triangles plus plain triangles make up the border of the quilt. So for I've worked on the quilt for three years and hope to finish it within the next three years.