Friday, August 6, 2010

Quilting with Beads


In March I went to Asilomar in California and attended a workshop taught by Thom Atkins. The subject was quilting with beads. Thom patiently taught the group new stitches and gave lots of hints about using color, types of beads and even how to improve the photographs of our work. I purchased the kit provided and added lots of beads of my own to learn the new stitches.
In order to take part in the show at our local library of miniature quilts, I spent the last two days working to complete this project.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh...the flow in this piece really appeals to me. Knowing that it incorporates Thom Atkins' (Robin's brother) bead techniques makes it doubly special. I am sure you learned a lot of new stitches in his workshop. This will stand out in the display at the library!

    ReplyDelete