Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Summer Assignment

Ben, our eight year old grandson, had a choice after reading the book, A Keeping Quilt. He could keep a journal, make a quilt with at least nine blocks from fabric or paper, or make a scrapbook. His choice with his mother's help was to make a quilt from fabric. That's where I entered the picture. Ben read the book, we discussed it, and then he wrote about the book and drew some pictures on each of the nine blocks,white cotton eight inch squares. When he visited, he chose sixteen pieces of fabric from my stash that he liked to be used as sashing. Last Wednesday, I started the process of assembling the quilt, quilting it,
making the label and adding a patch on the back with Ben's family tree. To get all of the above finished, I worked at least fourteen hours. When I showed the finished quilt to Ben, he was thrilled and wanted to wrap himself up in it which really made my day. What more could a grandmother ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment