Saturday, January 17, 2015

A new doll joins the family

This cloth doll was made from Teresa Cato's book. I painted the head first and then made the body and her clothes, shoes, and pocketbook. The bodice of the dress was so difficult to fit that I ended up sewing it on the doll by hand. By the time I made and turned three hands, I had two that were usable. The skirt and jacket were easy to make and so was the pocketbook. The shoes didn't fit on the first try but did by the second try. I'm still not in love with them. I have to go through my stuff and see if I have a different piece of fabric that would work. If I don't find anything I really like, I'll change the shape of the front of the shoes and add a button or some embroidery.

1 comment:

  1. Really cute! I would never be able to do those hands. I'm sure you will make the shoes work.

    ReplyDelete