Monday, December 21, 2009

The Ultimate Project

The ultimate project for me was the designing and making of my daughter's wedding gown and bolero, three dresses for her flower girls and a dress for myself. I started this project in November of 2008 and completed all of the dresses several days before August 15, 2009, the date of the wedding. In addition to the dresses, I also made dresses and slips for Bitty Baby Twins that my daughter gave to the flower girls as gifts.
The fabric for the wedding gown and flower girls' dresses came from Sposa Bella in Manhattan and the fabric for the bodice of my gown came from Mood fabrics. The skirt and jacket fabric for my gown was purchased on a trip to Singapore several years before.
The most stressful part of all of this sewing was that I was the only one local. The bride lives in D.C. , two of the flower girls live in Chicago and one lives in North Jersey. That meant that I had to fit the dresses when I could and not too often. In the end though, all of the dresses fit well and I was thrilled with them and so were the bride and flower girls.


  1. Hi Gita... I'm Pinelands Barb's friend/neighbor.. You definately took on quite the porject. All looked lovely! Great job. looking forward to visiting your blog often :)

  2. Welcome to blogland, Gita. You will love us.
    Any friend of Barbara's is a friend of mine!