Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Different Type of Project

Last week I made new cushions for my daughter-inlaw's glider. She chose the fabric to go with Adina's bedroom. I pinned the new fabric to the old fabric at the seam lines and then cut the fabric about a half inch from the line of pins. The seat cushion was a challenge because of its shape. The difficult part was cutting out the old gripper snaps and hand sewing them to the new cushions so that the arm and back pieces could be held in place by the snaps that were attached to the wooden frame of the chair. I tried to buy new snaps and when I couldn't find the same kind, I came up with the idea to reuse what I had. I'm happy that this job is complete and all were pleased with it. I did this job in about four and a half work days with the help of my son's two Bernese Mt. Dogs that slept at my side throughout the project.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are very talented, Gita. I don't think I could have done this. Great job!