Monday, January 21, 2013

A New Project

The quilting group that I belong to decided that it would be fun to buy dolls, make clothes for them, and then give them to children in need at Christmas time. When JoAnn's had a 50% off coupon last week, I purchased Madison, an 18 inch doll. When I went to a meeting on Friday, one of the women brought fabric that she didn't need and I got the African print that I used to make Madison's dress. With some alteration at the shoulder, the Simplicity pattern I used fit her well. She has a narrower body than the American Girl Dolls. My goal is to make her four or five more outfits. I already bought her a pair of sneekers and will buy her a pair of black shoes the next time I'm near A.C.Moore.

1 comment:

  1. Gita, with your dressmaking skills this girl will be better outfitted than any American Girl doll! I love this fabric! Must get back to that Friday group!

    ReplyDelete