Monday, October 21, 2013

A quilt and party dress for Madison

When looking through my stash for something else, I came across this pink fabric and thought that it would make a pretty doll dress along with a scrap of green velveteen that I'd been saving for that purpose. When I finished the dress, I was pleased but not satisfied, so I looked through my embellishment stash and found this ribbon and button which I turned into the flower at the waistline of the dress. The quilt was made from fabric that someone left on the give-away table at quilting. It was easy and quick to make. Sewing the back of the binding down by hand took the most time
. That process is very restful to me as well as enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment