Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Finally, A New Pocketbook

Today I finished this Lazy Girl City bag. I think that this is the fourth bag I've made from this pattern. It goes together
easily with regular cotton fabric. I used a tapestry fabric that I got from a friend and the black is a heavy twill weave fabric. My mistake was using a heavy press on batting and pressing it all the way to the edge of the fabric. I learned my lesson to not put interfacing into the seam allowance loud and clear when my industrial Juke machine wouldn't sew through the double fabric when making the corners at the bottom of the bag. I finally sewed those spots by hand after removing the interfacing from the seams. Hopefully, I'll remember this lesson when I make my next bag.


  1. Pretty! Always learning from our mistakes, and it's a good day if a project can be rescued.

  2. Been wondering when you will post again. Your projects are always an interesting read!