Sunday, January 31, 2016

I Love Scraps

My friend Ray gave me the scraps from what was left after she cut out a quilted jacket. At first I thought I'd make something for myself from this treasure but there wasn't enough fabric. Some time ago I bought a pattern for a child's jacket made from fat quarters and that is how this jacket came about. I used the pattern for the body and sleeves of the jacket and then used other pattern pieces for the hood. The ruffle is six inches wide and the pockets were made from four inch squares of fabric. I love rickrack and was able to find it in yellow. Finding a fourteen inch separating zipper was the most difficult task. I'm pleased with the jacket and hopefully Emily, our almost three year old granddaughter will like it as well since it is for her. It should be a good weight for a spring jacket.

1 comment: