Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Samantha's new winter coat

The last Embroiderer's  Guild meeting was called Play with Dolls.  For this occasion Samantha needed a new winter coat.  I had a pattern for a coat with a cape that I thought would lend itself to embroidery. From my stash I found a pretty piece of wool that a friend had given me and even had lining fabric in the right color to go with the wool.  After several tries I decided to use number 8 pearl cotton for the embroidery, lazy daisy stitches and bullion roses. This turned out to be a very enjoyable project.  I really enjoyed doing the embroidery.  The stressful part was making the buttonholes.  I tried many different sizes until I was satisfied.  Then I was able to make the five buttonholes that were needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment