Sunday, May 23, 2010

April showers bring May flowers



I just finished my April Bead Journal Project and decided to name the dress April showers bring May flowers. Spring flowers and showers have always represented a beautiful as well as peaceful time of the year for me. Also, this was a sign that the end of the school year and summer vacation were fast approaching.
Samantha's dress is made of a piece of lavender silk from my stash and embellished with beads, pearls and silk ribbon embroidery. She's going to wear this dress to a garden party at a friend's home.

3 comments:

  1. Gita, I love this dress, especially the way you trailed the beads below the waist, and in all different colors just like the reflections in rain drops. I'm in awe of the silk ribbon embroidery. It's a technique I've never done, and it's so pretty. Samantha will be the hit of the garden party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gita! The dress is beautiful and properly named. The beads do look like rain. The beading and embroidery are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty dress!!!! Oooooh, it makes me wish I had had beads when I was making doll clothes as a child.

    Robin A.

    ReplyDelete