Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Fancy Tape Measure

Inspirations Magazine #61 had an article about making fancy covers for tape measures that fascinated me. To practice making bullion roses, I decided to make this one. The article suggested that felt be used but I had some silk dupioni backed with tricot interfacing that I had left from another project that I used instead. Where I made a slit for the tape to pull in and out, I did a buttonhole stitch to reinforce the opening. This project was a good "take with" project and was very enjoyable to make. In fact, I think that I'll make another one soon.

1 comment:

  1. A wonderful little project, Gita! I love the green and purple color combination.