Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Central Motif

I just finished the central motif for a quilt that I started at the end of October at quilt camp. The quilt blocks were sold as block of the month packages from JoAnn's several year ago and were in my stock. Over that weekend, I completed all of the geometric blocks and this week finished the last block, an applique one. This is the first time that I used the freezer method to applique and I must say that I really liked the results. Tomorrow I plan to sew the rest of the blocks together so that I can have the top machine quilted in the very near future. Then it's on to my bead journal project.


  1. Gita, you are so good with detail work -- that's what applique takes, and even your points look great. The brick fabric is perfect! Can't wait to see the whole quilt put together.

  2. Golly...I wish I have even HALF your skill at doing applique pieces. This turned out really nice.