Monday, January 4, 2010

Some Knitting



I've been working on a thread catcher for the last two days and should finish it up tomorrow. Hopefully this will teach me to put my cut off threads in one place so they don't end up on the floor. When I finish this project, I'll post a picture.
Recently I finished this baby sweater and hat as a gift for my daughter's friend who is having her first baby in a few weeks. The pattern is called "Baby Surpise Jacket" by Elizabeth Zinnerman. It wasn't difficult to make but you had to keep track of all of the rows in order to increase or decrease stitches in the correct places. I'm going to make this sweater again but with heavier yarn so that it comes out a little bigger. To take these pictures, I put the sweater and hat on an 18" doll.

2 comments:

  1. I love that sweater and the color is so pretty. That will be one stylish baby wearing this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just the cutest set, and as always, made with perfection. I agree with Pat, I love the color.

    ReplyDelete