Friday, March 4, 2011

Flying the Coop


The name of this block is Flying the Coop. I enjoyed the challenges that this block presented and used the knowledge that I gained from doing the last pieced block. Again, I drew the stitching lines on the wrong side of the fabric and matched them when sewing the pieces together. The seam allowances were cut free hand. This pattern had many "y" seams which caused me to frog stitch quite often. I am pleased with the final results and am looking forward to doing the last pieced block until I get to the finishing point. To complete the quilt, the blocks are joined by more than 500 two and a half inch squares. The rest of the quilt blocks are applique which I love to do.

2 comments:

  1. A challenge, indeed(!), Gita. It's lovely! I like the fabrics together, a lot. I'm not sure what "frog stitch" means, will have to look that up. This will be an amazing quilt (did you really mean 500 squares?!) when done! Can't wait to see it.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. 500 squares? Oh boy!! This work looks so precise and perfect (two talents I'm definitely lacking). It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete